Sunday, June 7, 2009

Food Bonanza! Part I...

Saturday I had a marathon day of good food, drink and beautiful sunny spring weather.

The day started out with brunch at Pops on Tremont in South End. Things started out with pomegranate mimosas. Yum. Nice and light, refreshing and not too sweet....a perfect early afternoon brunch beverage. As a starter, we ordered roasted beet salad with feta and toasted hazelnuts. Simple but fantastic. The beets were HUGE! Bigger than my fist (and I have man-hands). As our brunch main course, we ordered poblano crab cakes accompanied by eggs (over-easy) and a tomato basil salad. Good stuff. The real star of the day, though, was THE best omlette of my life...Sage infused eggs with goat cheese and an onion jam. Just absolutely incredible...texture, taste...everything was perfect.

Pops scored a homerun with me! I'm actually glad that most places weren't open for brunch on a Saturday otherwise I may have missed out on this one...




No comments:

Post a Comment